God has said that he gives each day it's daily bread, and that phrase has never meant that much to me until lately. As I began raising support earlier this spring there was just enough to buy health insurance when I needed to, then when it was time to apply for a visa again there was just enough. On the 17th or 18th of June I had the realization that in order to arrive in Perth on time I would have to buy a plane ticket, like right now! So I called the church to check the status of my account there and found that there would be within ten dollars of enough. Great I thought, again just enough; time to find a ticket! At that point I hadn't had any responses about monthly support, but I knew I was to buy the ticket. God kept speaking to me about faith, and the phrases "The time is now" and "He is faithful to those that are faithful to him" kept coming to mind, so I bought the ticket! Throughout the week I was asked many times if I have all my support raised now that I have a ticket, and I would answer a simple no, I didn't want them thinking I'm irresponsible using up all the support I had on a plane ticket! Well guess what our God is the good and faithful one, within the next week and a half I had $395 a month pledged and a few one time donations which leaves only $55 more to go a month as well as outreach fees! I have also had the privilege to share with both youth groups and both services at my church, I am overwhelmed with God's goodness and faithfulness!!
Today was my first day of work, I will be working in the registrars office most likely for the following six months. They were trusting for more staff so I'm an answer to prayer which is kinda cool. They were very welcoming, I was greeted me with coffee, cake and a sweet little card. One of my main jobs will be to manage all the incoming inquiries about the schools that we run here as well as keeping all student info up to date. I'll learn more about what my job entails with time.
My house is referred to as Harold St. and is a quick 15 minute walk from base. At the moment there are just a few girls here, and have been wonderful in helping me adjust. The whole base is quite welcoming and it has helped that I know a few people already, God has been very generous with his blessings throughout the past two weeks from moving money mountains to a good deal on a nice warm blanket!!
If you feel led to partner with me in prayer or financially send me a note at christi.r.hawkins@gmail.com, I would love to hear from you!
All donations can be sent to:
Evangelical Covenant Church
Abundant Blessings in Christ
All donations can be sent to:
Evangelical Covenant Church
3600 S 9th St.
Lafayette, IN 47909
U.S.A.
with my name attached, they are tax deductible.
Lafayette, IN 47909
U.S.A.
with my name attached, they are tax deductible.
Abundant Blessings in Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment