A couple of weekends ago some friends and i went down south and got to enjoy the beautiful south west of Australia. We spent lots of time in the surf, visiting the tourist spots, enjoyed the sunsets over the ocean with the dolphins and used the grill as much as possible. Here are a few pictures from our adventures.
This last week I went with our youth ministry to a Christian high school to teach seminars on Identity and Relationships. Most of the students are from non-christian families, so it was great to have the opportunity to come in and share God's heart for them. We had some great small group times, open and honest on both sides. Great conversations about God and each of us on the team got to share some stories from our high school years. We did a few skits and during lunch each day we were able to chat with the students, which was heaps of fun. I never thought that I would enjoy going back to high school that much, it was great to get off base and meet some true australian kids face to face.
This week I'm back in the registrars office e-mailing away to potential students. Today we had a birthday party and celebrated with some home made apple pie!! It's good to be back but the e-mails have definitely pilled up! Most of my time is spent e-mailing and deciphering e-mails that aren't English, but every once in a while I will get a phone call. Like the other day I got to talk with a potential student for about an hour. As they were asking loads of questions, sharing their fears, future plans and what God has been speaking to them about going into missions I was able to answer questions and share a bit of my own story of trusting for things to all work out and to see finances provided. It's always fun to look back at what God has done and be able to encourage someone else with the testimonies that God has given me!!
In January begins the Young Peoples Discipleship Training School (YPDTS) 2011! As YPDTS staff we have started our recruiting and weekly prayer times! We are excited to see things starting to come together, we are trusting for heaps more students to join us.
Overall things are going well, I'm learning more about intercession as I lead prayer times about once a week. I'm running 12KM in a week to help raise finance for my roommate who is going back to Canada for her best friends wedding in January. The weather is warming up and that means so is the ocean! Also my sister Johanna is going to be visiting me over Christmas which is such a blessing, I was kind of dreading being away from home during christmas for the first time. I still am having a hard time imagining christmas on the beach in 100 degree weather...
A few prayer requests:
For health as allergies and other sickness have definitely slowed me down.
For creative ways to get the word out about the Young Peoples DTS.
Perseverance as I help practically by answering e-mails and phone calls.
Thank you for your support and prayers, Love to you all,
Christi








No comments:
Post a Comment