Hello Friends and Family,
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that I’ve been here for eight months already. It’s flown by so fast it seems, but then again lots has been happening. Most recently I found out where I’m going to be leading a team too, started organizing fundraisers with the school and soaking in the DTS (Discipleship Training School) lectures for a second time.
I’m going to be co-leading a team with Glory, a girl on our school staff who has been around for about a year and a half and is staffing this school for the second time. We are going to start by taking our team of five guys and four girls to China for a month. I never thought that I’d be going to China so soon if at all, I’m so pumped to see what is going to happen up there. From there we are heading over to Iceland that isn’t super close but we’ll get there. A newer base there is starting with a coffee shop and running a DTS right in the heart of Rekyvik. After a chilly month on the island of ice we will come back to Perth wash our clothes, have a good meal with friends and then pack ourselves up in buses and drive all across Western Australia to work in Indigenous communities and/or running seminars in high schools. So as you can see we are doing three continents in three months, this is because as a base we feel called to support ministries in Europe, to reconnect with the locations that we have been to before in Africa and Asia, while also feeling a strong call to our own home here in Australia.
So generally outreach costs a bit for the traveling, food, and accommodation, especially this year with going to three continents in three months. As a school we have already started fundraising, here in the city there is a children’s triathlon that we work at every year, and we are having car washes on the weekends all over the city. Also we are all doing lots of individual fundraising by e-mailing and blogging about what is happening here in Perth. For my team the cost of the entire three months per person will be right around $5,900. So far I have $1,200 set aside for this, but I’m still in need of $4, 800. All of our outreach fees are due by Mar. 16th just two weeks before we head off to China! The other day I was praying about how in the world this is all going to come in and then someone pointed out that if 48 people gave $100 it would all come in no problem. So I felt to ask you if you could pray about whether you are able to be one of those 48? If you are able to support me in any capacity that would be a great help and encouragement!
During this last week, week 8 the lectures were all about putting God as Lord in our lives. This week our speaker pointed out that we don’t make Christ Lord he already is… This week areas in my life where I am still giving God full control have definitely come up. In particular the mind set that life is divided up into “sacred” and “secular”. By this I mean holding one job, object or thing in a higher regard than another. Ezra and Nehemiah are great examples of having different skills but both are needed and are of great value. For me learning this and applying it to my life means whatever it is that God calls me to throughout my life and whatever skills that he gives me whether they are “secular” or “sacred” realizing that they are just as holy or important as any thing else that he could ask of me. So now being submitted to hearing Gods heart on things and agreeing with what he’s saying is what I’m challenged with.
Thank you so much for reading up on what has been happening in my life recently. If you would like to support me you can send a check with my name attached to:
Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC)
Please let me know if you would like prayer for anything or if you have any questions.
Bless you,
Christi
No comments:
Post a Comment