Monday, April 25, 2011

April!


Hello Everyone!


I hope you are all having a wonderful spring; it’s just turned into autumn here that means maybe a scarf if there’s a breeze and eventually long pants.  Lectures have ended and outreach has commenced!  A lot has been happening and it’s all felt a bit like a whirlwind.  Now I’m in the eye of the storm because I know that it will only speed up again as soon as I hit Iceland!

Lectures ended on the 1st of April and then teams left that weekend! It wrapped up pretty quick and they were off to Nepal, China, South Africa, Mozambique, and Indonesia.  All is going well, every outreach comes with it’s challenges of going in to a new country, doing full time ministry, and being with a group of people 24/7; but once the team learns how to function together it is incredible what can happen.

I’m still in Perth, due to ongoing health reasons and not finding solutions just yet.  Actually on Tuesday, during the 11th week of the school or the 22nd of March, our school had a prayer and giving night and a few other staff members prayed for me and trusted for healing again.  It was not the first time that they had prayed for healing, but I have not had any stabbing pain since, which has been such a relief and has allowed me to be a bit more active.  Healing?  I think so…  Even though I am not having anymore stabbing pain, the doctors would still like to run tests to figure out what the other symptoms are all about, which has been good but are starting to incur quite the medical bill.  This last Tuesday I had a laparoscopy, just to continue the elimination process of any other reasons for the pain.  It’s been quite the process but it will soon be coming to an end.

I told you in my previous e-mail that the team that I’m co-leading is going to China, Iceland and far up north in Australia.  Well, they are in China at this very moment! Which is so exciting, but I felt, as did my doctor, that it would be better for me to rest for the first month of outreach and meet my team in Iceland.  So, on the 28th of April, I’ll fly up to Iceland a few days earlier than my team to set things up and get things ready for my team to join soon after.  For the last two weeks I’ve been here in Perth working on setting up the Australian portion of our outreach and getting in communication with churches and schools.  It’s been so fun and interesting getting to know a few more Aussie’s from all up and down the west coast.

So, these last two weeks I’ve been sleeping soooo much, I’ve never been this tired in my life!  It’s been so good to be able to rest and take it a bit slower.  I’ve been finishing up an odd job or two, getting things ready for our teams to go up to Northern Australia in June and answering emails of people who are interested in doing the Young People Discipleship Training School (YPDTS) next year.  It has been a good time filled with e-mails, doctor visits and making new friends on base with people I usually don’t get a lot of time to hang out with.

A few things that you can be praying for:
-I want to be able to give 100% to my team, so that my health improves in the next week.
-The two financial mountains sitting in front of me doctor bills and a plane ticket to go home this July/August.
-For my team, as they are doing a lot of traveling and they have to be careful for security reasons.

If you would like to partner with me financially, the easiest way to do that is to send a check with my name attached to:
ECC
3600 S. 9th Street

Lafayette, IN 47909

Please let me know how you are and if there is anything that I can be praying for you.

Love,
Christi


No comments:

Post a Comment