Thursday, October 4, 2012

Back Home again in Indiana!

Hello!! I’m home, Back in Indiana!
It’s been an incredible two years committed to YWAM Perth. I’ve learned and experienced and grown in ways that I never imagined. Thanks to supporters, friends, family and new friends all over the world.
I can honestly say that I’ve traveled more miles in the last two years than I ever imagined I would in a lifetime. I’ve learned many things about God’s faithful character, about my own very imperfect character, about leading, about the love that Jesus extended to us and ways in how I can pass that on, about working with cultures from all over the world and about the beauty that is found in each of us because of our creator. God has taught me so much through speakers, teaching, practically doing things, new situations I’ve never experienced but most importantly through relationships, and the impacts that we knowingly or unknowingly have had on each other. I’ve seen God’s faithfulness to his word, I know what it looks like for God to enter a room and mister to the people that are worshiping him, I can say with full confidence that God knows the echoes of our hearts and seeks to meet with us, to change us into what we were meant for.
Looking ahead I feel God is calling me to full time Missions/Ministry longterm. Longterm has been described to me as over ten years into the future so I am unbelieveable excited to see where God takes me! After this last school that I staffed God said 'good job but i have more to teach you', so I plan to continue learning and growing alongside my Perth Family. I hope to take courses in Perth and at other YWAM Bases around the world to be in line with the requirements for a Bachlors Degree in Biblical Studies from the University of the Nations that is run by YWAM. The University functions with a live-learn way of teaching and applying truths to your life. Most courses are 6 months long with 3 months of Lectures and 3 months of outreach into communities worldwide.
I’m hoping that in these months that I’m home I can see everyone at home and share a bit more in person about what God is leading me to next as I seek out the next steps. Please send me a message and lets set a time to catch up!
I have been blessed with a full time job this Sept and through the end of Oct working full time at Purdue University as a secretary. During this fall as well I am going to need to be building a team and communicating with those that would like to be a part of the team I will need to follow the Word of the Lord. If you or anyone you know would be interested in hearing more and/or joing me, please let me know. I also hope to do some visiting of family and friends that are a bit further away as well as celebrate the holidays!! This extended time at home is such a special blessing to me!

Bless you,
 
Christi Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment