Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Outreach 2012 is here!

This year I'm going to Nepal and London!! During April I'll be in Katmandu with two other staff and 16 students. Then we will head to London, England and work with our Megacities Ministry for seven weeks. It's going to be an exciting 3 months with lots of new experiences!!


While in Katmandu we will be working with YWAM Nepal and a few other long term teams in villages a bit out of the city. We will be doing evangelism and open airs. We will work with their youth center, orphanage and local churches teaching and preaching. For ten days we will be in the city and at the YWAM base and then seven students and I will take a 12 hour bus ride through the hills to a village, where we will work with another YWAM Perth long term team for two weeks. I personally have never been to Asia so I can't wait to get on the ground, meet people and learn about their culture. One aspect of the culture that I am particularly excited about is the outfits that girls must wear to be culturally modest. All the girls and I will in the first few days have to be measured for our outfits and wait for them to be custom made.  Nepal is predominantly Hindu, mountainous, and should be warm while we are there. I also heard from others on base that have been there that it is beautiful, the people are amazingly hospitable and it will probably be one of my favorite places to go. Don't worry I'll bring my camera!!


After we finish up in Nepal the whole YPDTS (so all 60 of us) are going to show up in London on the same day, rearrange teams and then head out to different boroughs all over London. A ministry that is based out of YWAM Perth called Megacities is focusing on London this year and we are going to be functioning under their leadership during the 7 weeks we are in London. Throughout the last 9 weeks of the school we have been learning about London and praying for them as we prepare to 'hit the streets' in whatever way we can. Here is an excerpt from their website describing their purpose:


Megacities focus on a city of over one million people for a period of 12 months acting as a catalyst for city wide transformation. We do this through strong partnership between the local Body of Christ and international, multi-disciplined teams. Together, we work at a grassroots level to strengthen existing ministries and pioneer new works.


While in London we will be based in one borough and focus on the ministry opportunities and local churches within that area. Some teams have just gotten back from London so we might be following in their footsteps or starting something new! Here is the link to the Megacities website, check out the videos and testimonies!


http://www.ywamperth.org.au/megacities/


If you would like to partner with me in seeing the nations transformed please let me know. I need lots of prayers and I'm still trusting for finances.


Prayer Points:
->Health for the team and myself
->Gods leading
->Strength & Wisdom as I lead on my own for the first time
->Leading for the future as my two year commitment comes to an end


 I am still in need of $2,500 to go on the outreach. If you feel lead to give financially that would be a wonderful blessing. The quickest and easiest way to give is online at: 
https://www.ywamperth.org.au/007/payonline.asp
(Middle section select staff payment and the put 'Christi Hawkins YPDTS Outreach fees', and at the end make sure the 2% charge is taken into account when typing in the amount) (you will not receive a tax deductible receipt)


Please let me know how you are doing as well!


Bless you,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment